Join Good Law Project on Tuesday 19 July from 8pm - 9.30pm for a livestream event on 'Trans Rights, Trans Justice: Hopes and Challenges in 2022'.
The panel for the livestream will be:
- CN Lester, musician, author, educator, activist and host of the event
- Katy Montgomerie, writer, musician, feminist and LGBT rights advocate
- Ramses Underhill-Smith, LGBTQI rights campaigner and Managing Director of Alternative Care Services
- Nadia Whittome, Labour MP for Nottingham East
- Eva Echo, transgender rights activist, writer and public speaker
This will be an open, positive event where our panel of activists and experts will explore some of the key issues, both social and political, facing trans people in 2022, and discuss what can be done to overcome them.
- What does Trans Pride mean in 2022 and what is its future? How should we understand the progress and backsliding of 2022?
- The trans community faces many barriers to accessing healthcare, from ingrained prejudice to institutional discrimination. What more can be done?
- What can other members of British society do to be allies in the work to come?
- How can we best educate, communicate and counter disinformation in 2022?
Our panel will answer these questions and more.
Register for free now and we'll send you a reminder and a link to the event before it begins.
If you’re not sure how to watch livestreams over these channels, here’s our easy-to-follow guide.